A merry medley of vegetables and noodles… fit to please anyone and oh-so customizable to your taste. I used Nami’s recipe from Just One Cookbook and it turned out marvelously. I followed her dressing recipe and made a few small changes to my topping choices. This is a great way to get your noodle fix during the summer because it is easy, calls for fresh ingredients, and best of all….COLD!
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Canadian Bacon (Ham)
- Green Onions
- Egg Omelet
- Soft boiled Ramen Egg
- Frozen ramen noodles
What I Wish I Could’ve Added
- Shredded Nori
- Greens…I wonder if arugula would work well? I do love the peppery nature of it.
- Menma (bamboo shoots)
- Kimchi — I adore the cold ramen at Sha La La, and they put kimchi in it.
Ramen Egg Recipe (soft boiled egg)
- Gently use a pushpin to poke a hole in the bottom of the egg (the ‘bottom’ is the wider, less pointy end).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on high heat.
- Carefully lower your egg(s) into the boiling water using a slotted spoon / ladle.
- Start a timer for 5 minutes and 45 seconds. I’m not kidding, the 45 seconds is crucial to perfection.
- Lower the cooking temperature to medium high heat, so water is still gently boiling.
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
- When the timer chimes, use your slotted spoon / ladle to take out the eggs and put them into the ice bath for 3 minutes.
- Carefully change the ice bath water (it is now probably lukewarm) with fresh cold water — add more ice if you can.
- Ideally, you’d like to wait 15-20 minutes for the egg to fully cool down before peeling.
- Peel the egg with extra TLC! It will be much softer than a normal hard boiled egg.
- Cut in half if you wish, or you can simply leave the entire egg on your plate and bite into it yourself 🙂