I just knew when I started taking Japanese language classes in middle school that my infatuation with this country would become a lifelong affair. For the second year in a row, I decided to spend my winter in Japan visiting Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Nara, and Kyoto. With the previous year’s visit still fresh in my mind, I decided to work on upping my style game (even if only slightly) while still packing light with a carry on suitcase and backpack.
- Grey slouchy beanie — perhaps a little too slouchy, hardly worn
- Teal knitted headband
- Grey / black knitted headband
- Black scarf
- Grey / white / black scarf — adored by my travel mate!
- Grey checkered scarf
- 2 pairs of iPhone touch gloves
- Black heeled riding boots
- Tan suede ankle boots
- Grey, green, and blue skinny jeans — perfect amount of pants with enough outfit variety
- Collegiate sweat pants
- Yoga Pants — best all around sleeping pants
- Grey crewneck sweater — my main “go to” sweater
- Sea Foam v-neck sweater
- White striped sweater
- Brown chunky knit sweater
- Red and white striped sweater
- Black motorcycle knit jacket
- Burgundy open cardigan
- Sleeveless black lace top — the only thing I didn’t wear, because we didn’t go to any nightclubs.
- 3 long sleeves – black, white, grey
- 4 camisoles – assorted colors
Outerwear: You’ll definitely want 2 or 3 outerwear pieces. Try to select different styles so you can mix and match to your daily agenda.
- Khaki short trench coat
- Grey Patagonia zip up fleece — worked well by itself or layering underneath khaki trench coat and pea coat if needed.
- Navy blue and black pea coat
Like what you’re reading? See more on Japan.